Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the secret to accurately recording your chess game in competition?

I played a few tournament games a long time ago. I kept track of the games in chess notation. I made a lot of mistakes writing the moves down, and some of my games were unreadable. I don't have a photographic memory of games I play, so it is sometimes hard to figure out what I did. What can I do to improve my ability to accurately record the game while under the pressure of competition and a clock?|||As RH said, just keep doing it. That's the only way to get better. i believe there's no 'secret' in this , the more you play and record , the more you get used to doing it. perhaps one of the things that requires little more attention is if two same pieces could move onto the same square . Eg. if both rooks(on a1 and f1) could move to e1 , take care not to write it as simply Re1 .





But, if it is a tournament game for you and you're not confident you can record it correctly or can handle the pressure of recording it like you said, then in that case you can let someone else record that particular game.|||Video record the game and or have a friend write the moves down for you. Otherwise trying to write the game out yourself while playing does become a little distracting.....



*Edit*



OR take a photo with a phone or camera after each moves (it'll show up in order)|||lets get a few more details.....how much time is the tournaments?





what is the exact mistakes?





when do you start making the mistakes?





what kind of a clock are you using?|||Just keep doing it. You will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment