Friday, September 23, 2011

How should I start writing a game review?

I have my own youtube channel and I would like to dedicate it to making video game reviews, since I have so many video games at home. I'm not really sure what I should start making the review on. Like I know its suppose to be on video games, but I want mine to be something different and more interesting. What are the main points of a review?|||For a video game review, there is no set criteria for review. Each review must be tailored to the question: What is the game trying to do and does it succeed?





A few things that most reviewers touch on, though is:





Graphics


Plot (very general, this includes characters, events, symbols, everything)


Sound


Load Times


Glitches/Problems


Layout/controls


Gameplay





All contribute significantly to what the game accomplishes. Try to focus in on Gameplay and Plot, though; those are the two big ones in most games.

No comments:

Post a Comment